Thursday, November 08, 2007

the god who hears


Isaiah 65:17-25
For November 18, 2007 (Proper 28)

The broken world in which we live is going to be replaced.

In this world I find myself holding in my hands a stillborn infant that I'm supposed to bless for his parents. I find myself grieving a Dad who died too young and too early. I find myself working hard and not always being rewarded for it.

Yet a better world is already making its appearance. It is one in which babies thrive, in which patriarchs live long and well, and in which work is a sheer joy.

Christianity is neither irrelevant nor a drudgery. It is rather a symphony coming to glorious resolution after a long and arduous journey.

Don’t get caught up in the circumstances of the moment. They are going to change for the better. God hears you. “Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear” (v. 24).

No comments: